While you would hope that a place as beautiful as Temple Terrace would be immune to car accidents, that’s not the reality. If you’ve suffered a severe injury in an accident caused by someone else, the law firm of Keller, Melchiorre & Walsh is standing by to help. We’ll work to help you obtain maximum compensation by holding accountable those responsible for your suffering. Call (561) 295-5825 or contact us online for a free case review.
Living in Temple Terrace, Florida
Temple Terrace is a small city in Hillsborough County. The city, with a population of around 24,000 residents, is bordered by the University of South Florida to the north and the Hillsborough River to the east.
Temple Terrace is a popular destination for tourists and locals, thanks to its many parks, golf courses, and outdoor recreational activities. In addition, the city is home to several schools, including Florida College.
Temple Terrace Car Accident Statistics
Hillsborough County is one of the biggest in the state, so it’s not surprising that so many car accidents occur. Nearly 200 people died in accidents in 2022, and nearly 20,000 motorists and passengers suffered injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Many factors can contribute to a car accident, and determining the cause of a particular accident can be a complex process. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Temple Terrace include the following:
- Driver fatigue: Driving while tired can be just as dangerous as driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Speeding: When drivers exceed the speed limit, they have less time to react to other vehicles or obstacles on the road.
- Poor road conditions: Roads that are poorly maintained, poorly lit, or have other hazards can contribute to accidents.
- Reckless driving: This includes behaviors like running red lights, failing to yield, or driving aggressively.
- Distracted driving: This includes texting, talking on the phone, eating, or anything else that takes a driver’s attention away from the road.
Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Car accidents can cause many injuries, from minor bruises and cuts to more severe injuries like broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. In some cases, car accident injuries can even be fatal.
Some of the most common types of injuries that can result from a car accident include:
- Back injuries: The force of a car accident can cause damage to the spinal cord, which can result in permanent paralysis.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are a typical result of car accidents, especially in high-speed collisions.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma can cause damage to internal organs, which can be life-threatening.
- Whiplash: This neck injury occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward and then back.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries.
How to Determine Fault
You must determine who was to blame for the accident before you can pursue compensation. Establishing liability can be a complex process, as many different factors can contribute to a car accident.
The following evidence can be critical in determining who’s to blame for a car wreck:
- Police report: After a car accident, the police usually file a report that includes information about the accident, including who was at fault.
- Witness testimony: Witnesses to the accident can provide valuable information about what happened and who was at fault.
- Video footage: If a surveillance camera caught the accident, your lawyer could use that footage to determine who was at fault.
- Accident reconstruction: Experts can sometimes use accident reconstruction techniques to determine who was at fault.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be able to recover damages from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Some of these damages include the following:
- Medical expenses: Your medical bills include the cost of any treatment you received due to the accident, including hospital stays, doctor’s visits, and prescription medications.
- Lost wages: If you can’t get back to your job due to your injuries, you could be eligible to recover any wages you lost.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for physical pain and emotional suffering that you’ve had to endure.
- Property damage: If your car or other property was damaged in the accident, you could recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Loss of earning capacity: If your injuries prevent you from working in the future, you may be able to obtain compensation to cover the loss of future earnings.
Why Choose KMW?
If you’ve suffered an injury in a car accident in Temple Terrace, choose a law firm that has experience handling car accident cases. At KMW, our attorneys have years of experience representing clients in car accident cases, and we have a long track record of success in recovering damages for our clients.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a car accident can take on your life, and we’re committed to fighting for your rights and helping you get the compensation you deserve.
In addition, we offer a free evaluation of your car accident claim, so you can get a better understanding of your legal options before you commit to hiring an attorney.
Temple Terrace Car Accident Case Results
Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in damages for our clients. We’re proud to have helped many people get the compensation they deserve after a car accident.
Here are just some of the results we’ve achieved for our clients. Click on the link for details.
Contact KMW to Schedule a Free Evaluation of Your Car Accident Claim
Contact KMW to schedule a free evaluation of your car accident claim. Our attorneys will review the details of your case, answer any questions you may have, and provide you with an honest assessment of your legal options.
We understand that a car accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Let us help you get the compensation that you deserve so that you can focus on your recovery and getting your life back on track.
Use our online form or call (561) 295-5825 for a free consultation.