2023 Seize the Day Scholarship
At KMW Legal, we are dedicated to empowering our clients and helping them to make the most out of each day. Over the years, we have seen many families struggle to move forward after a tragic or traumatic accident. After experiencing something devastating, victims understandably might feel hopeless or unsure about how to move forward. This is why we have created the Seize the Day Scholarship. Life cannot and should not be taken for granted because a traumatic accident could happen at any time. Our commitment to this endeavor is unwavering, and we believe that the key to unlocking all of life’s opportunities lies within the daily routines, habits, and activities that shape our existence.
We know not every day can be an exciting adventure, jet-setting off to a new destination. For the average full-time student, things could feel quite dull or mundane. We'd like to hear from students on what keeps them going through difficult times and everyday routines. What hobbies, rituals, or passions do you incorporate to keep you excited and looking forward to the days ahead? Through this scholarship, we seek students to share how they make the most of each day.
This $1,000 scholarship award will be given to one eligible student. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2024. Continue reading below for details on the application process.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, vocational student, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a vocational program or two to four year post-secondary institution for the upcoming Spring 2024 semester.
- Employees of KMW Legal and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1000 word essay response to the prompt: What routines, habits, or activities do you do to help make the most out of every day?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
- Preference will be given to students either from or attending secondary school in the state.
The recipient of the 2023 Seize the Day Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To apply for this scholarship, please send your application as an email to Jupiter@kmwlegal.com with the subject line “Seize the Day Scholarship 2023 – [Applicant’s First and Last Name]” with the above attachments before the March 31, 2024 deadline.
Any applications sent after the March 31st deadline will not be considered.