If you’ve suffered a workplace injury, a lot of questions are probably swirling around in your mind. One of them might be whether or not you’ll need to hire a workers’ compensation attorney. There are, unfortunately, a lot of instances where hard-working people don’t get what they deserve because either their employer or the insurance company violated their rights by denying them the money they had coming.
A workers’ comp attorney with Keller, Melchiorre & Walsh won’t let this happen to you. If there is any reason for you to believe you’re being treated unfairly when it comes to your claim, we’ll work to make sure justice is served. We have a great deal of experience with workers’ comp cases, and we also have a long track record of success. Learn more about what we may be able to do for you by giving us a call at (561) 295-5825 or contacting us online.
When Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied, Contacting an Attorney is Your Best Bet
You might have been injured in a slip and fall at work, or you were hurt while working on a construction site. Or, you might have been in a car accident while driving as part of your job. Whatever the reason, if you were injured performing your work-related duties, you should not have to worry about your claim being denied.
Unfortunately, that’s exactly what happens far too many times. If this has happened to you, then a workers’ compensation attorney might be your best alternative. An attorney can investigate the accident to determine exactly what occurred and to gather the evidence it will take to give you the best chance of obtaining the full and fair compensation to which you’re entitled.
Other Circumstances in Which You Should Hire a Workers’ Comp Attorney
Here are just a few scenarios in which getting the help of a workers’ comp lawyer will be a must.
- You have a previous medical condition. The insurance company could claim that you were already hurt – the workplace accident had nothing to do with it. This is a ludicrous argument, of course, but there are times when it is actually effective. Having a workers’ comp lawyer by your side will help protect you from this disgusting tactic.
- Your employer says you weren’t injured at work. You’d be surprised at how often employers really try to make this claim. But if they’re successful, they won’t have to pay you a dime. Your legal representative will, as stated earlier, investigate your injury to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it did, in fact, occur while you were performing your job.
- The insurance is delaying your claim or has denied it outright. You don’t have to accept this treatment. Get an attorney working on your behalf to prove your case so you can get the compensation you deserve.
- You’re not being offered enough money. If your lost wages and medical bills are not properly calculated, you’re not going to receive nearly enough compensation to cover your injury-related expenses. An attorney will do everything they can to make sure you get every penny you have coming.
- You won’t be able to work for a long time. If you have a long-term injury or your injury is permanent, then your medical costs are going to be incredibly high. With so much money on the line, the insurance company is going to fight your claim. You’re going to need the help of a workers’ comp lawyer who has the experience it takes to go up against this kind of formidable opposition.
Your Attorney Will Handle All Documentation Like Medical Bills and Missed Paycheck Information
A worker’s compensation case can be incredibly complex. At the very least, it’s going to require a lot of paperwork – a mountain of it, in fact. That’s the last thing you need to deal with while you’re trying to focus on recovering from a severe injury. An attorney can take all of that off of your plate, so you don’t have to worry about it.
Your Attorney Can Negotiate Higher Compensation on Your Behalf
Trying to fight a workers’ compensation claim denial might actually be one of the worst things you could try to do. Again, the opposition is going to be incredibly formidable. You’ll have to go up against extremely skilled – and well-paid – insurance company lawyers, as well as other professionals. They will love it when they realize that you don’t have any legal representation.
The workers’ comp attorneys with Keller, Melchiorre & Walsh have the resources to conduct a thorough investigation and the skill to go up against high-powered insurance company representatives. We will use the evidence we gather to convince the insurer that it should offer you full and fair compensation.
There are, however, some instances where an insurance company will remain obstinate and refuse to settle. If that happens in your case, we’ll be more than ready to take them on in a court of law. In the vast majority of cases, however, insurers realize they’ll be much better off avoiding a trial. It will cost them a lot more money, and they would very likely lose.
Contact KMW if You’ve Been Injured in the Workplace
Unfortunately, you can’t assume that your employer and their insurance provider will treat you fairly after your workplace accident. There’s a very good chance that neither of them will care about what’s in your best interests. We’ve even seen cases where employers threaten workers with retaliation for even reporting an accident. In other instances, we’ve seen employers try to game the system by claiming a worker is an independent contractor rather than an employee – all in an effort to save some money.