Brandon is a bustling city that is home to more than 100,000 residents. With its many highways, interstates, and busy streets, it’s no surprise that car accidents occur regularly.
If you’ve suffered an injury in a car accident that wasn’t your fault, seek legal representation from a seasoned, skilled lawyer. The attorneys at KMW have a proven track record of success in handling car accident cases and can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact us online or call (561) 295-5825 for a free consultation.
Brandon Car Accident Statistics
According to data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2022, there were 28,322 car accidents in Hillsborough County, where Brandon is located. These accidents resulted in 221 fatalities and 19,276 injuries.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Florida
Many factors can contribute to car accidents in Florida. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in the state include the following:
- Distracted driving: This includes texting or talking on the phone, eating, or any other activity that takes a driver’s attention away from the road.
- Speeding: Driving above the posted speed limit or too fast for current road conditions can increase the risk of a car accident.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a leading cause of car accidents in Florida.
- Aggressive driving: This includes running stop signs, tailgating, and more.
- Inclement weather: Rain, fog, and other weather conditions can make roads slick and increase the risk of accidents.
Injuries Commonly Caused by Motor Vehicle Accidents
Car accidents can lead to several kinds of injuries, some of which can be severe and life-threatening. Some of the most common injuries caused by motor vehicle accidents in Florida include:
- Whiplash: This is a soft tissue injury that occurs when the head is jerked forward and then back suddenly, causing damage to the neck.
- Broken bones: The force of a car accident can cause bones to fracture, particularly in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Traumatic brain injuries: These can range in severity. Some victims only experience mild concussions, but others have to deal with severe brain damage that can be permanent.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can leave a victim paralyzed or result in other severe impairments.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries often include damage to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen or kidneys.
Building Your Case: How KMW Uses Evidence to Prove Liability
If you’ve suffered an injury in a car wreck, working with an attorney who knows how to build a solid case to prove liability is essential. At KMW, we know how to gather the solid evidence needed to build a strong case on your behalf, including:
- The police report: We obtain a copy of the police report filed at the accident scene, which can provide valuable information about the circumstances surrounding the crash.
- Witness statements: We speak with witnesses to the accident to gather their accounts of what happened.
- Medical records: We gather medical records that detail the extent of your injuries and the treatment you have received.
- Accident reconstruction: In some cases, we work with accident reconstruction experts to recreate the accident and determine exactly how it occurred.
- Video footage: If available, we gather footage of the accident, such as surveillance footage from nearby businesses or footage from dash cams or body cams.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
There are several steps you should take to protect yourself and your legal rights after a vehicle collision. These steps include the following:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority after a car accident. Get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible.
- Call the police: The police will create a report documenting the details of the accident, which can be helpful later on when building your case.
- Exchange information: Be sure to exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident, including names, phone numbers, and insurance information.
- Document the scene: Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including any damage to the vehicles involved and any injuries you sustained.
- Contact an attorney: It’s important to contact an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident. Your attorney can advise you on your legal rights and help you navigate the claims process.
Why Should You Choose KMW for Your Car Accident Claim?
At KMW, we understand that being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience. We’re committed to helping our clients recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries and other losses. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose KMW for your car accident claim:
- Experience: Our attorneys have years of experience representing clients in car accident cases. We have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing car accidents in Florida, and we know how to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Personalized attention: We understand that every car accident case is unique. That’s why we provide personalized attention to each of our clients, tailoring our approach to their specific needs and circumstances.
- Results: We have a proven track record of success in handling car accident cases. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, and we’re confident we can do the same for you.
Our Past Car Accident Case Results
At KMW, we’re proud of the results we’ve achieved for our clients in car accident cases. Here are just a few examples of the successful outcomes we’ve achieved:
- $3.473 million for a client hurt in an accident caused by the driver of a commercial vehicle.
- $1.335 million in January 2023 for a client who suffered severe injuries after a negligent truck driver struck their vehicle in Hendry County.
- $250,000 in January 2023 for a client injured in a car accident in Broward County
Contact KMW to Speak with an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Brandon, the attorneys at KMW are here to help. We’ll tell you what to expect throughout your case and answer any questions you may have. Call (561) 295-5825 or use our online contact form to schedule your consultation and learn more about how we can help you recover the compensation you deserve.